Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I am a BzzAgent!

A while ago I got a letter in the mail from the grocery store chain Kroger.  I do most if not all of my shopping there.  The letter was an invitation to become a BzzAgent. The letter specifically invited me to get free coffee and if you know me you know I love my coffee. I thought what the hey, might as well log on to the website and see what it was about.  I logged on on found out that the BzzAgent website partners with one of my favorite survey sights MyPoints.  Besides earning MyPoints for filling out surveys you can be chosen to receive free items like coffee, shampoo, cereal you name it.  I filled out some very simple surveys that took me no time at all and earned a bunch of MyPoint points.

Shortly soon after I got an email from the BzzAgent website saying I was chosen to be part of the Green Mountain Fair Trade Coffee Bzz Campaign.  I was so excited! A few week later I got my little Bzz Box in the mail.  Not only did I receive free coffee I was happily greeted with a bunch of coupons! I also had a pamphlet on the Green Mountain Coffee company.





Now, I have to say that I am very accustomed to their coffee as I already buy it in the store before the campaign but I knew very little about what Fair Trade was.  Fair Trade goods are items that are purchased though farms and farmers who compensated fairly for their goods.  When you purchase a Fair trade certified product, like Green Mountain coffee, you are not only getting a great cup of Joe you are ensuring that the workers and farmers are paid a proper wage and then in-turn their communities and families thrive though keeping their businesses sustainable.  Fair Trade is also a non-profit organization they do not do charity but they teach disadvantaged communities how to use Free Trade to benefit their families and communities.  The latter is my favorite part about Fair trade it follows with the.."teach a man to fish and you feed him for life" idea. 

I really like their coffee and to be honest it is typically cheaper then other brands that cannot claim such high standards of practice. They have tons of flavors including Mountain Blue Berry...So, why don't you go get a cup and sit back and enjoy while feeling good about it :)


Want to know more about Free Trade click here



Want to know more about Green Mountain Free Trade Coffee...click below.




No comments:

Post a Comment